We are inundated each day, almost everywhere we turn, with advertisements or conversations focused on our bodies. Weight loss, physical fitness, the right makeup or hairstyle/color, nail grooming, detoxing, gluten-free diets, yada, yada, yada. You know what I am talking about for we, as a nation, are very consumed with our bodies and our physical appearance. So much money and time spent each year on our bodies in some form or another.
I wonder what would happen if we spent that much time focused on our soul instead of our bodies?
- How many lives would be changed for eternity?
- Would there be fewer murders, abortions, and crime?
- Would our schools be a safer place for our children?
- Would we even need to discuss gun control?
- Would the state of our government being improved and our economic issues resolved?
- Would our companies be more focused on building relationship that in turn build their business up and less focused on just the bottom line?
You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Revelations 20:4 NKJV